+Chapter Eleven+

“All rise for judge Yearwood,” everyone stood up. It was going to be a long and hard day.

As everyone sat down, Lance looked over at his two best friends sitting in the corner of the courtroom. JC looked up and over at him, his eyes showed just as much nervousness as Lance was feeling.

Lance looked back at the judge as he started to talk, “today we will be reopening the Timberlake and Chasez vs. Menalici trial. Would the plaintiff like to testify?”

“Ok, go tell them everything you told me,” Lance’s lawyer whispered to him.

Lance nodded as he stood up. He pulled on the bottom of his shirt and smoothed it down with his hands. He breathed in nervously as he stepped toward the witness stand. Climbing up on the stand, he tuned around and saw all the people in the courtroom. His light green eyes wandered over to Joey as his gave Lance the thumbs up sign.

“Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help you God?”

Lance raised his right hand and placed his left hand on the Bible the man was holding up to him, “I do.”

He sat down in the chair as his lawyer stood up.

“So, Mr. Bass, would you like to tell us the story,” Lance’s lawyer asked him.

Lance made sure to always look at his lawyer as he spoke, “Well, everyone was home on the might of May 2nd. JC and Justin decided to go rent movies, because we were all bored. So, about two minutes after they left, I went into the bathroom down the hallway, leaving Joey and Chris playing video games. When I heard this banging noise and a sound like glass breaking, I ran to the end of the hallway. I saw two people raiding our house, but they seemed to be putting stuff in drawers. Joey and Chris were unconscious on the floor. So I stayed where I was at, watching. I saw some girl directing them as to what to do. It seemed like she had everything perfectly planned out. I thought I saw them leave, so I walked out to my two friends. Well, as soon as I stepped out I heard someone shout ‘There’s someone, don’t let him get away!’ I turned to see who it was, but before I could I felt a pain like I was hit in the head with a bat. I was knocked unconscious from it. When I came to, I felt like I was moving. So I looked around and we were in a car. No one was at the driver’s wheel, but the door was opened. Joey and Chris were in the car too. I hopped into the driver’s seat, but before I could do anything, the car went off the edge of a bridge. It wasn’t high enough up to make the car explode or anything, but enough to injure you. We were lucky there was nothing at the bottom of the bridge at that time. When I woke up, I was in the hospital. I didn’t know anyone that was there to see me, not even my parents.”

“Is this the end?” his lawyer asked him.

“Yes it is,” Lance nodded his head.

“Who was this girl giving orders?”

“She’s right there,” Lance pointed to Danielle.

“Did you see what they were putting in your house?”

“No, but I later found out it was drugs.”

“What were the drugs for?”

“I found out they were used to set up my friend.”

“No further questions you honor,” Lance’s lawyer sat down.

Danielle’s lawyer stood up and walked in front of Lance, “so, tell me again, what were they putting in your house?”

“Drugs,” Lance made sure not to take his eyes off the lawyer.

“What were the drugs used for?”

“To frame my friend”

“So, what were your friends charged for again?”

“Well, JC is charged for attempt murder and drug abuse,” Lance swallowed, “Justin is for rape and attempt murder.”

“So, isn’t it true you’re lying and your friends are really like that?”

“I never said that,” Lance tried to stay calm.

“Objection, he’s trying to put words in my client’s mouth,” Lance’s lawyer stood up.

“Please don’t put words in his mouth,” the judge scolded.

“Ok, I have no more questions your honor,” Danielle’s lawyer sat down.

“The plaintiff may step down,” the judge told him.

Lance stepped down from the witness stand. He looked at his two best friends, that were also looking at him, as he walked back to his seat.

“Would the defendant like to testify?” the judge asked.

All five guys looked over at Danielle as her lawyer told her something. She stood up and walked over to the witness stand. She looked over and glared at Lance.

“Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help you God?”

Danielle raised her right hand and put her left hand on the Bible, “I do.”

She sat down as her lawyer stood up.

“Would you mind to tell us the true story of what happened?” he lawyer asked her.

“See, I was at a club one night on May 2nd. I saw this guy walk up to me.”

“Who was this guy?” her lawyer interrupted her.

“It was Justin,” she pointed over to him.

“Please continue.”

“Well, we talked for a while, when I had to go home. He offered to escort me out to my car, so I accepted. As I opened my car door, he pushed me into the car. I hit my head on something, so I wasn’t too clear, but he was telling me to take off my clothes. When I didn’t, he forced himself on me and raped me. Then as I sat in the passenger seat, he drove back to his house. His friend JC was standing outside. JC had knocked their friends unconscious. So as they went into the house, I snuck out of the car and hid in the bushes. I saw them drag their friends out and put them in the car. They didn’t find me, so JC ran around looking for me as Justin drove away. Then I ran down the street in backyards till I found a place with a phone, so I could call my friend.”

“Would you please tell us what place you called from?” her lawyer questioned.

“I was at a payphone at 7-eleven. I called collect,” she answered him.

“No further questions your honor,” her lawyer sat down.

Lance’s lawyer stood up, “so tell me, if you were raped, why didn’t you call the cops or get tested after?”

“I didn’t know what to do. I was scared and didn’t want to go anywhere,” she answered, pausing between sentences.

“Hmm, tell me, wouldn’t the people have heard or saw you running in their backyard?”

“No, it was kind of late.”

“So if it was late, why were you letting a stranger escort you to your car?”

“Because, I thought I got to know him,” Lance could see the nervousness in her eyes.

“Ok, no further questions your honor,” Lance lawyer sat back down.

“The defendant may have a seat,” the lawyer said, “as of now, there will be recess until the jury comes up with a verdict,” he hit his mallet down.

Joey, Chris, and Lance stood up and walked over to their two friends. Danielle gave them an evil smile as she walked by. They all glared back at her.

Next Chapter -->